Arlington Heights, IL’s Premium General Dentistry Providers
The staff at Associates for General Dentistry, Ltd. includes caring professionals offering premium general dentistry services to Arlington Heights, IL families. Whether your oral care needs call for a standard exam and cleaning, or you need a root canal, our friendly team will gladly help you. Our dental practice holds a sincere dedication to all our patients throughout Arlington Heights. We make sure your experience is straightforward and comfortable throughout every step of the process, starting when you first walk into our office. It’s a common sentiment that most people don’t enjoy visiting the dentist for any reason. At Associates for General Dentistry, Ltd., we want to change that by offering dental care for the whole family delivered by our caring staff. We also make sure booking appointment and coordinating them with your schedule is easy. For the best in general dentistry, designed to promote oral health and prevent future issues, contact us to schedule an appointment at our practice.
Preserving Your Bright Smile with Top-Tier Care
It’s crucial that you ensure proper care for your teeth by maintaining an at-home dental hygiene regimen with regular brushing and flossing. For your more involved oral care needs, the dentists and staff at Associates for General Dentistry, Ltd. is ready to help you. Our knowledgeable team of dental professionals uses top-tier technology for every treatment to ensure you get the best care possible in Arlington Heights. By scheduling your biannual exams and teeth cleanings at our office, we can help you keep a healthy and beautiful smile. Our patients also have a collection of preventative dental services available to them, including sealants, oral cancer screenings, and fluoride treatments.
Pre and Post-Op Instructions
General care instructions following dental procedures:
- Proper Care of Blood Clot: For one hour, maintain gentle pressure by biting on the gauze sponge that has been placed over the surgical area. If needed, replace gauze with another as provided.
- Do Not Rinse or use a mouthwash for at least 48 hours, but brush carefully.
- Pain: Following dental surgery, discomfort should be controlled by the medication prescribed. Follow the directions. If pain persists, simply call us here at the office. Your comfort is important to us.
- Toothbrush: Use it carefully but thoroughly. A clean mouth heals faster.
- Eating, Drinking, and Smoking: Avoid alcoholic beverages, and avoid smoking until healing is well established. Adequate food and fluid intake following surgery is important. Do not consume liquids through a straw. If your regular diet is too difficult, you may supplement it with liquids. Should you find yourself unable to chew solid foods of any kind, call us.
- Avoid All Excessive Activity: Do not do things that will raise your blood pressure. Go home and lie at 45 degree angle, but not below.
- Sutures: If sutures were used in your treatment, be sure to return for their removal on the appointment given.
Going Out of Our Way for Your Comfort
While preventative dentistry serves as a vital component of preserving your oral health, sometimes a problem arises and you require restorative services. Those services include procedures like gum disease treatments, root canals, and extraction. These procedures might cause you anxiety to hear about, but our team always goes above and beyond to keep you comfortable during your visit. We tailor our care to fit your specific needs, and we’ll walk you through every step of the process before commencing. If you’ve been noticing soreness, pain, or anything else making your teeth and mouth uncomfortable, don’t hesitate to give us a call and schedule an appointment. Reach out to our office today by calling 847-392-4422 at your earliest convenience!